Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vault Pow-a!

In the lead up to the London games, it is very apparent that a major player in the team final, the AA, and event finals (pffft, duh) is the Amanar vault.  It's a Yurchenko style vault with 2.5 twists in the main flight phase.  It is valued as the second hardest vault in WAG (women's artistic gymnastics), and in some cases, it's also the scariest.  I just want to say that as an Amer-I-Can, I am proud to say that there are more Amanars being done by American gymnasts, than in the rest of the world combined.  THESE (gay) COLORS DON'T RUN!!  But I still think Monica Rosu in 2004 had the best of all time.  Here are a couple of my faves:

Chen Fei 2007 WC TQ:


The Pavs 2008 Olympics EF (the first vault):

Jiang Yuyuan 2008 Chinese nationals:

ANY of the gorgeous McKayla Maroney's:


Monica Rosu 2004 Olympics EF (The second vault):

And let's not forget where it all began:


God bless their knees (Mustafina)...

No comments:

Post a Comment